Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Power of Accomplishment!

From what I can tell, there is a strong sense of accomplishment buzzing around; and there should be. Congratulations to all of you that have accomplished a new organizing task this week, and it's not even the weekend yet.

In response to a few comments, yes towels are also a fantastic item to donate - anywhere! Right before the Winter Break, I sent out an e-mail to my son's classmate families asking them to sort through their linen closets for extra towels to donate to the Boulder Homeless Shelter. I received a terrific response and delivered a HUGE amount of towels to the shelter. Towels are easy to accumulate - and hold on to. If you haven't used the towels in over a year - DONATE them NOW! I'm sure you (and your family members) have your favorites. The towels from pre-marriage/college can make their way into your garage, and be used as rags. I use one of my old towels for a car floor mat cover, under my son's feet. That way, I don't have to fret what he is bringing in to my car on the bottom of his shoes. I simply shake out the towel or throw it in the wash - w/the rags or house rugs - and I don't have to wash my floor mats as often, because they still look new. My son uses my husband's favorite childhood Snoopy towel for the pool, and gets a lot of comments.

Say it with me now, slowly, "Let go, (pause) just let go."

Good, now go get a bag and start donating. It takes less than five minutes to pull things out of your linen closet. You can tackle the reorganizing of sheets by room/size/color (same for towels) tomorrow (or this weekend.)

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love the ideas for towels! You make me want to clean out every room in my house!

Paige said...

Still need to do this, maybe after Pres weekend?