Tuesday, February 10, 2009

House Beautiful's Makeover Ideas

Here are three out of "30 Makeover Ideas" from House Beautiful, I found on msn.com today;
http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-home/room-design/staticslideshowhb.aspx?cp-documentid=17327897&GT1=32001

They coincide with my post, "What Does Your House Smell Like" and a mixture of other posts - go back and refresh your memory.

"I don't use fragrance normally, but there's nothing quite like Santa Maria Novella's potpourri. People walk into the house and say, 'Oh, what is that?' It's just incredibly clean and fresh." -Jackie Terrell

"I was visiting a friend in the south of France, and every night she would light a Jo Malone candle in my bedroom and close the door. When I walked in to go to bed, there would this waft of scent — basil, lime, and mandarin orange. Now, whenever I light this candle, I think of France." -Katie Ridder

"Make your bathroom feel like a spa. Get rid of the clutter. Buy fabulous over scale towels in a new color. Add a few small candles and light them at night when you have guests." -Mary Douglas Drysdale (Tuesday Morning is great for inexpensive, very nice towels - and other home items too.)

If you're looking for some fun, inexpensive ways to brighten up and change your home, check out what House Beautiful has to say.

1 comment:

Terra said...

I just (and I mean seriously they arrived today) replaced all my towels! Ralph Lauren was having an awesome sale and I got 16 towels, 10 hand towels and 10 washclothes from Ralph for less than $200 (I was replacing ALL towels for all bathrooms) I am stoked.

Now I am going to check ou the potpourri and candles because I NEED THEM.